The purpose of the Clarenville and Area Community Advisory Committee is to support Eastern Health in developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating primary health care renewal in the Clarenville area.
Objectives of the committee
- Identify and communicate the strengths and challenges of the community.
- Facilitate community and inter-sectoral involvement.
- Facilitate cooperation, coordination, and collaboration among communities by sharing information.
- Encourage networking and partnerships among individuals, communities and community groups and organizations.
- Empower individuals and communities to take responsibility for their own health, based on their own resources and capacity.
- Participate in community capacity building and development activities.
- Foster partnerships regionally, provincially, nationally and internationally.