The purpose of the Bell Island Community Advisory Committee is to support Eastern Health in developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating primary health-care renewal on Bell Island.
Objectives of the committee
- Identify and communicate the strengths and challenges of the community.
- Facilitate community and inter-sectoral involvement.
- Facilitate cooperation, coordination, and collaboration among communities by sharing information.
- Encourage networking and partnerships among individuals, communities and community groups and organizations.
- Empower individuals and communities to take responsibility for their own health, based on their own resources and capacity.
- Participate in community capacity building and development activities.
- Foster partnerships regionally, provincially, nationally and internationally.